A friend of ours recently was killed in a motorcycle accident. I am good friends with his wife. Landon was friends with his 4 year old son. We had just spent a morning and lunch with them less than a week before this happened. Our family was saddened by this tragic event. We were telling Landon that his friend had lost his Daddy and won't be able to see him. His daddy had gone to Heaven to be with Jesus. Although his friend would be very sad, his daddy is in a very great place since he is with Jesus. Landon was so concerned for his friend. I was some what surprised with the emotion that he seemed to have for his friend. He has asked about how his friend is doing almost everyday since then. He also asks to pray for his friend every night at bed time prayers.
Landon: "Help (his friend's name) not be sad. His Daddy love him and he happy cause he with Jesus. Amen." It is really hard for me to not cry when I hear this. Although Josh did pray with us all the day it happened this was not something Josh and I told him to do or what to say. It was something he came up with on his own. I am truly blessed to have such a great example of Christ's heart sleeping in the bedroom next to mine.
Events such as losing a loved one before we think it is time always makes me think about remembering to live everyday to its fullest and to treasure all of our blessings each and every day. I have had several close friends and fmaily members die but this one has been truly hard for me. I know and saw the love a wife had for her husband and the love and admiration a son had for his father. This time I also have a son who reminds me of something very important. Only Jesus can heal these wounds and we need to always be seeking him not just in times like these. Also remember that death is not the end for those who walk with God, just a wonderful beginning to their live in the Kingdom of Heaven. Hope you take the time today to strengthen your walk with God and love on your loves a little extra.
1 comment:
Wow, I am crying reading this post. I am so sorry for your loss What an amazing testimony to you guys to hear Landon's heart and his understanding of the situation for such a little guy. Thank you for the reminder that our time here is short and we need to show God's love at all times.
-Katie
Post a Comment