At the end of July, Jessica come down to Florida to visit for 2 weeks. The same day she arrive Josh's brother Jon and his wife Merry arrived in Florida. Jon and Merry will now be living in the Niceville/ Crestview area of Florida!! Jon got out of the Marines and will now be in the Reserves as he goes to school and in just a few months be becoming a daddy to baby Owen!!! (This will be BIG for me- come November I will be an Aunt for the first time!!!! I am super excited!!!!!)
Jon had to check in with his Reserve group in Jacksonville. On the way back from there, Jon and Merry stopped in Gainesville for the night. They arrived right before Landon woke up and he was so excited when he got up. Landon received a awesome fold up play tent with Lightening McQueen on it. Arabella loved meeting her aunt and uncle for the first time. The next day Jon and Merry played with their niece and nephew while I cleaned and packed. Josh got off work as nap time was rolling around so it was about time to leave. Landon rode with Jon and Merry and Josh, Arabella and I were planning on leaving with in the hour after them. That didn't happen. Things took longer than planned which seems to happen a lot with a baby around. Plus as we were ready to go the car battery decided to die. Josh had just driven to the gas station to get gas and air in the tires less than an hour beforehand so I don't really know what happened. Thankfully, our nice neighbor offered us a jump not too long after we realized what happened and the car was fine. It has been since then too. So Landon ended up by getting there about 2-3 hours before us. He didn't mind because Aunt Jessica, Jamiie, Uncle J, Grandma W and Grandpa W were there waiting for everyone to arrive. I think this was the longest Landon was away from both Josh and I. I was stressing a little just because I am a little crazy and overprotective. I was really glad Landon was able to spend lots of time with his family because I think that is SOOO important.(so Jon and Merry don't take offense to this overprotective mommy's worries) Aunt Merry did a great job at helping me cope with my worries. She kept me updated every hour with text about Landon and some pictures too. Thank you Aunt Merry!!
Josh took 2 days off work and we headed up to the panhandle so we could see her for more than just the weekend. So we were in the Panhandle from Friday through Wednesday.
We stayed with my parents and got to see them in the mornings. We spent most of the afternoons and evening over at the packed Williams house. It was great and a little sad. Josh and I, more than ever, wanted to live back "home"(second home I guess even though we both still call Ft Walton Beach and Niceville "home") so we can be closer to our families. We got to go to the beach with all the aunts and one uncle plus Grandma W. Josh and Landon went twice. Arabella and I came down with a little fever cold thing but thankfully it was short lived. On the way back to Gainesville we stopped to have dinner with my brother Adam. He took us to his favorite restaurant which I think has been our favorite so far too! I only wish we could see Uncle Adam more with or without the yummy food! ;)
It was a great vacation! Family is the best!!

No comments:
Post a Comment