As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Half a year... What?! My baby girl is 6 months!

Yes, I can't believe it.  For whatever reason this is has been hard on me.  I love my babies but I do enjoy toddler and older years more than the baby months.  I just have a hard time thinking of her as something other than a little bundle of sweetness that needs to stay warm in my arms. 

Biggest News...
A day short of Arabella turning 6 months is she started pulling up and STANDING UP!  I wouldn't believe it unless I was sitting right there.  Even more amazing is a caught it (or some of it) on video.  Even better is Daddy was right there with us. 

She is also sitting up for minutes at a time now.  She can almost put herself in a sitting position.  She is at a 60-70 degree angle and then she can't get up the rest of the way.  As I said in an earlier post she is scooting around like crazy.  If I put her in the living room, by the time I throw a load of clothes in the washer she is already can be in Landon's room.  I am thankful that Landon is a huge joyful (at least most of the time) helper and watches her since she is known for putting anything she thinks is interesting in her mouth.  She loves to bang things.  She seems to prefer the colors red and yellow. 

We have started feeding her.  Man, does this girl like to eat!  She actually yells at us almost every meal time if she isn't being feed which is part of the reason we started feeding her sooner that the 6 month mark.  She would like to eat solid food at least 2 times a day.  This is a night and day difference from Landon who basically refused food until he was 9-10 months old and he never would eat anything pureed.  She also loves to drink water.  She can already drink out of Landon's sippy cups and my sport water bottle lid but she typically gets a baby bottle of water. 


We are also pretty sure she is saying "hi."  Josh and I are both skeptical when it comes to speech just because sometimes it is easy to here what you want to hear. But we both thought she is saying hi.  Either way she is making a specific noise that sounds almost like hi when she sees someone or someone says hi to her. 


I had to take her to the doc. because of a diaper rash that won't go away, actually the ONLY diaper rash she has gotten ever.  It turned out to be just a yeast infection which cleared up within a day or two after the ointment superscribed.  She was 16.8lbs and 26inches. 

Landon still is going a great job sharing his toys and always gets her one when he wants me to play.  She goes to her when she is sad and when he is sad.  I love that they comfort each other so well.  I love being a sister and glad to see my children embracing the God's gift of siblings. 

She is a super happy baby and such a personality.  We all love her and can't imagine life without her now. 

Our little smiley sunshine!

Almost sitting

Loves music

First trip to the springs- Too cold for this little lady

First bite of food

First ride in the double stroller (despite Landon's look we all had fun)

No comments: