As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Its begining to look a lot like Christmas!

Landon had a advent calendar to help count down the day until Christmas.  This is a Gorman family tradition that I remember very well and have always been fond of.  I think I was just as excited for Landon to get one from Grandpa and Grandma Gorman as he was to eat the chocolate or as he says "choc-choc."


Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Gorman!









The much looked forward to Chocolate Advent Calendar



Here is a video of Landon opening one of the day on the calendar.



I have picked up several Christmas children's books over the years and Landon has been given some.  This year Landon really loved reading them.  We almost always read at least 2 books in the afternoon and 2-3 at night and at least one of those books was a Christmas book these last couple of weeks.  We got in a good share of Christmas book reading!  Some of the titles we read were- I Spy Christmas, The Gift of Christmas, The Three Miracles, Is Santa Here Yet?, The Little Drummer Boy, The Story of Christmas, and list goes on.
Also Landon, Zach and I had fun making a couple of Christmas crafts.  Unfortunately one of crafts didn't turn out. I bought the little stain glass paint ornaments.  We each painted one and the boys did a super job.  During nap time, I went to check on them and for some reason all the paint cracked and blew off when I picked them up. We were all really sad. Maybe we will try again next year.



Here are a couple of the projects we did.
Santa Advent Calendar and the Angel who send the Good News of our Savior's birth





This year I put up all of our decorations since we moved in to the house.  The first year we still had boxes every where and the second year I was too tied up with a little boy, staff infection of my own, and all the holiday traveling to most of the decorations.  It was fun especially because Landon was so excited every time I put out something new.  His favorite I think were the Christmas lights.  He loves them!! He also really liked having some decorations in his room.  I am afraid what he will do when I take them down (which will be the day after Josh's birthday, New Year's day per request of Josh- which I don't mind I am always kind of sad when I take them down ).


 My boys hanging their special ornaments.

Landon and Lighting McQueen

Josh and Sponge Bob Square Pants



Christmas at the Williams 2010

1 comment:

Ash said...

somebody needs to teach me how to do these collages! They are really neat.