New Years was spend at our house and with the Bolins and Sally. We had a video game night. While the little boys were awake they played Mario or Wii Play. Once they went to bed we all played game show video games. It was a fun, quiet evening with great friends.
 |
| Playing the PS3 |
 |
| Making homemade Pizza |
 |
| The boys had fun dressing up. |
 |
| Our cheap champagne that was yummy tasting, I only had a few sips. |
 |
| New Years/ birthday kiss for my wonderful husband |
 |
| Happy Birthday to an amazing father and husband, Josh! |
Josh's family bought him a receiver (for our entertainment center) for his birthday. It happened to come a day before his birthday while he was gone (He was pet/house sitting for friends of ours and he had spent the night there). I let the Williams know it had arrived and asked them if they wanted me to wrap it. Before I did I had a great idea of surprising Josh. I called back Dad Williams and asked him if he liked the idea, he did. I called Josh to see how long until he came home and tell him the receiver had "stopped working and I needed hep to get it to work so the boys and I could listen to some music." He had just left so that would mean I should have 15-20 minutes. My story wasn't really that far fetched since we had been having problems with our old one. As quickly as I could I unpacked it, unplugged (ALL the wires) and moved the old one. In the meantime, Landon and Zach seem to need just about everything, so it was quite the tasks. I also unplugged our computer (Thankfully we have a Mac and I only have to move a big screen) and called with Skye the Williams family who was visiting in Missouri with the rest of the family. After I got them on and Zach and Landon said their hellos to everyone, I muted them and minimized the screen and set up the video camera. Right as I finished, Josh walked in the door. He went over to our cabinet with the electronics and opened the door. He looked at the receiver for a second very confused before he realized it was a new one. His reaction was perfect considering everyone was "watching" in Missouri. I unmuted it, everyone said their hellos, and he got to say his thanks and share his surprise. The best part was, this was the same day Josh surprised me with my
scrapbooking day. It was great!
Josh went out for a couple of hours with some guys friend to enjoy a birthday drink and some guy time. While he was gone Landon and I had fun making him a birthday card. Landon picked out the stamps and colors and designed it himself. He even told me basically what to write in the card. I was a little curious to how the card was going to turn out when the first things he picked our were red flowers. I guess he knew what he was doing because he told me he was trying to make it look like a pond, which both Daddy and Landon enjoy. He also thought Daddy would "really like Landon's hand prints" so he decided to have me help him put one inside and on the back of the card. I think he did a great job!
We also watched a movie for Josh's birthday. Landon enjoyed write his letters (which he is getting quite good at) during the movie on his new easel.

We had a great holiday/birthday. Happy birthday, Joshua!!! We love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment