
She came into my life on December 9, 1994 and left October 21, 2008. She was 16 or 17 years old when she died.
She was the best furry companion I have ever had. We went though a lot together. She never got mad at me for crying on her when I was sad or pestering her with my love. She waited by the door of my parent’s house for two years while I was off at college. She always got excited when I came home. She cuddled with me every night from the first day I got her.
She was given to me as an early Christmas present from my parents. I fell in love with her at the cat shelter I worked at for 2 years. She didn’t like people or other cats except one cat named Mia Gray. I really wanted Mia Gray but she was adopted. The next day I came to volunteer Stormy came down off her ceiling high cat post and sat on my shoulders. She did that every night I came to work for the two hours I work. About eight month after we had become friends my dad brought her home. She was so afraid of the world. She ran right up to my bedroom and under my bed and stayed there except at night. That first night and every night after she would come up to the bed and cuddled with me. She learned not to be afraid and loved on the people who I brought it. She learned to trust me and not be afraid. I realized how much when we moved into this house. We have a friend’s dog (a mastiff- for those of you who don’t know the dog is the size of a pony). Stormy wanted to go outside in the backyard but the dog was in the way. He ran up to the door and straight at her. Our other 2 cats who were also trying to get outside bolted away. Not her, she just stuck her paw on his nose and tried to push him out of the way. It is so funny to think of that brave persistent kitty as the same on who stayed under my bed for a year because she was so scared.
When I went off to college she would stay most by the front door during the day. At night she would sleep on my bed or cuddle with my parents. When I called she would meow at the phone when my mom would hold the phone to her
She seemed to know what was best for me because the only guy she really like and loved on was Josh. She knew the first time he came over he was a good guy. She accepted him as part of me and would love on him almost as much as me.
She loved Landon as much as me. She always wanted to cuddle with him and would love on the both of us when I held him. She would come and get me if I didn’t hear him cry. I always told her I wanted her to stay alive as long as possible and at least until my first child was a few weeks old so I would have something to take care of when she passed. She was always there for me and even stayed around until I asked her too.
The bond between me and Stormy was very strong and will never come close to any other pet I will ever have. She was my best friend and I will always have a place for her in my heart. I know some may think it is silly to be that attached to an animal but how many people have an animal for 14 years who loves on them as much as stormy loved on me.
Cuddling with daddy
Stormy and Marigold
Holding Mom's hand
My pretty green eyed kitty
Laying in a box, one of her favorite things to do





1 comment:
Krystle, I am really sorry...I am glad you get to bury her at your first house and everything. It is soo neat that you got to have a friend in her like you did and that she stayed until you were ready to let go...even though it would feel better if she were still here. So neat to hear more of her story...I am thinking of you and will try to call tomorrow!
Post a Comment