As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crumby weekend

I love the weekends because then I can spend time with Josh, go to church and normally we try to do something fun together. This weekend however was not so fun, although Josh did his best to help me enjoy it. First we were supposed to go visit our parents for the weekend. Josh some unexpected work come up on Friday and so we thought we should wait until next weekend. It is a good thing we did. Friday morning I noticed I had little red marks on my chest by that afternoon, I had hives all over my body and my lips started to swell a little. I still today, have no idea what I was had an allergic reactions too, especially since I have never been allergic to anything in my life but the hives have just about gone away completely. I took Benadryl to stop the reaction from worsening. The only problem with taking the medicine is that it knock me out. So all day Saturday I was pretty much incoherent. Josh took care of Landon, I am so thankful it was on the weekend so that he could take care of Landon without needed to take time off.Even though it ruined the weekend it was a blessing.

Also Friday evening I realized that my kitty, Stormy, who I have had for 14 years has come to the end of her time. She is still hanging in there but she is dieing. I think she is happy, well as happy as you can be when you are dieing. She is still drinking water but I think old age has caught up with her. She is about 16 or 17 years old so she has lived a good life. She has been a wonderful cat and my loving companion for so long. I would love with all my heart for her to live forever but I know that can’t happen. I always asked her to stay around until I had my first child and she did. We have gone through so much together. I love her and will be very heartbroken when she does pass.

To add to the already crumby weekend Landon came down wit ha little cold on Saturday. He had a stuffy nose and a little fever. Lucky his fever was short lived. I was worried about him, mostly because it was the first time he has gotten sick and it always worries me when infants get sick.

Sunday, Josh wanted to make something of the weekend for me so he cooked up some yummy food in our smoker and invited Jessica over for lunch. We had a picnic in our backyard with all kinds of yummy food. I am glad he did that or the weekend would have been so depressing.

2 comments:

Ash said...

so sorry to hear about stormy and Landon's little cold. I understand how hard that is! If you need to talk, give me a call...I hate to call and wake you when you may be sleeping witht he little guy.

Whitlocks said...

Hey Krystle. Glad you are feeling better. It is always scary once you have a baby for you or them to be sick. I got hives this summer after going to the pool and had to take benedryl. Thank God for 24 hour pharmacies! So sorry about Stormy...I know she was your first "child".