As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Friday, February 17, 2012

Tissue alert, tissue alert!!!

The month of Oct, Nov and Dec has been filled with runny noses, coughing, lots of tissues and snotty sleeves ew! I had to do something to get rid of all the nastiness. There was lots of rest, orange juice and love to help get the colds/ or whatever it was to go away. I kept telling Landon not to wipe his nose on his shirt.  Daddy, Grandma Gorman, Grandma Williams, Papa Gorman and Papa Williams also were joining with me in this fight against wiping noses on shirts. Nothing was working and my little sick boy was caked in snot by lunch time.
One time while we were playing Landon sneezed and I tried to get a tissue as fast a possible. In somewhat of a crazed mind(I did not want more snotty sleeves!) I just started yelling "tissue alert!! tissue alert!! Attention all tissues!! We need a tissue!!". Guess what that worked. Since I did that Landon has been much better at using tissues. He just starts yelling, "tissue alert!" He will do it if Arabella needs a tissue to, so it has turned out to be quite useful. I try to play games whenever I have a task for Landon. Sometimes it is hard to remember to make a game of it. You would think after reading books about caring and teaching children for about 6 years of schooling while getting my bachelors and masters I would have that stuff down but motherhood, although wonderful, sometimes makes you (well me) a little crazy and forget those little things that really make a big difference!

No comments: