Thanksgiving was spend at "home" with our families. Although November was mostly us being stuck in the house due to illness in my family we happened to see a small break in the severity of our sickness for Thanksgiving. So although we were all coughing and had the occasional running nose we made it to Niceville/Fort Walton Beach and for that we are so thankful!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Williams house. It was really nice having my parents, brother, Jon, Merry, and the newest Williams-Owen all there (we greatly missed Jessica, though). Landon had lots of fun playing with Josh's and his siblings' old toys, especially the train set. Arabella thoroughly enjoyed her first Thanksgiving. She chowed down on just about everything. She might have even out eaten her brother, shhh don't tell him that! It was interesting seeing her around Owen. Since Landon was about 6 months old he has always loved babies and was/is fascinated with them. But I could not hold any babies or then he was not fond of them to put it nicely. Bella is not as intrigued. I think she is actually suspicious of them. She gave Owen some almost dirty looks but was mostly OK if I was holding him, unless of course she wanted to nurse.
I actually was in the kitchen quite a bit this year.
We had all our typical favorites-
Turkey- Dad Williams
Gravy- Me
Cranberry sauce- store bought
Green bean cassarole-me
Deviled Eggs- Mom Williams and Jamiie
Crescent rolls- Jamiie
Creamed spinach- Dad Williams
Mashed Potatoes- Jeremiah
Stuffing - Dad Williams (I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I hate stuffing except for Josh's family. I was watching some cooking show and I thought it was funny that in this guys opinion the way they make gravy is the only "right way" to make stuffing).
(I think that is all)
Pumpkin cheese cake x2- Me
Pecan Pie- store bought
Pumpkin pie - store bought
Ice cream

No comments:
Post a Comment