| Birthday breakfast |
Back log Sept
September was very hectic for the Williams family. We did manage to have a little birthday celebration for our sweet boy. We typically have our Bible study/small group fellowship dinner on Friday nights at our house. Since we were busy every weekend in September we couldn't go to see the grandparents to celebrate like we have in the past. We decided to have a birthday party for Landon as part of our Bible study. We invited a couple of friends, per Landon's request, to our normal small group. They have been invited before but made a special effort to come for Landon's birthday. Landon loved having some of his friends come over to play. The night before Landon's party which fell on his actual birthday, I stayed up quite late decorating the house so Landon could wake up to a birthday celebration. I think all parents want to make birthdays special for the little ones but I felt like Landon really needed some extra celebrating. He is old enough to really understand what is going on and his first two birthdays Josh wasn't able to celebrate with us on his actually birthday. Plus he was a little disappointed we couldn't visit with all his grandparents and aunts and uncles.
I asked Landon what kind of birthday he wanted. I figured it was going to be Pixar Cars or Thomas the Train. Especially because the weeks leading up to his birthday we had been getting kid party supply magazines filled with those two themes. Surprisingly he asked for a orange and green party with alligators. My first thought was "Oh okay so it will look like we are UF Gator fans who like Miami colors. If you didn't know, Landon always says "I like orange and green not blue. I don't like blue. Well, unless it is Gator colors." So the week of his birthday we went to the Dollar Store and bought orange streamers and orange balloons. Which by the way is the hardest color to find. It was good, for Landon, that Halloween decorations were out and because there were only orange and black decorations.... so if anyone needs black balloons or streamers see me! So our house was decorated in Lots of orange, some green and a little bit of blue (just so it didn't look too much like we were Miami fans ;) and we had some streamers from his first birthday left over).
The gator theme of Landon's party came with his cake. I made, all from scratch, a green gator head on a orange frosted cake. This was the first time I had made cake and butter cream frosting from scratch. It wasn't very hard and boy was my tummy happy. It was work the extra work. I don't think Cake Boss or any of those other cake places will be looking to hire me but Landon was thrilled his gator cake.
Landon woke up to his birthday decorations and presents. He had a birthday donuts for breakfast. We watched Little Einsteins "Mission Celebration" DVD. Little Einsteins is currently one of his favorite shows to watch. He enjoyed his balloons and gifts from us which included Radiator Spring Lighting and big firetruck.
Friday evening we had everyone over to enjoy a spaghetti pot luck dinner and some gator cake. Landon enjoyed all the wonderful gifts he received! He loved that his friend came over to play! I think he had a pretty good birthday for a 3 year old. :)
| Birthday banner and one of his birthday presents from Daddy, Mommy and Bella. |
| Decorations! |
| Per request- Orange birthday hair. Friends:Joshua and Nate also got orange hair. |
| Happy Birthday Landon Gator cake! |
| Party time! |
| Spaghetti Pot luck birthday dinner |
| Friends and family are the best part of birthday parties! |
| Birthday wishes from Aunt Jessie on the phone |
| Birthday boy's friends |
| Happy Birthday to you, Landon! |
| Yummy cake! |
| Birthday Presents! Thanks everyone!! |
| Arabella loved the aftermath of Landon's party- Balloons! |
No comments:
Post a Comment