As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."

I love listening to music.  I love singing too, although I am not very good at it.  Josh LOVES music, listening, playing and singing (He is pretty good at all of it too).  It only makes sense that a child who comes from two music lovers would be one himself.  Landon love listening to music, singing, dancing, and playing it.  He has an amzing beat too.  Since he was 6-7 months old he could find the beat in a lot of songs. 

Zach, the little boy I care for during the week also loves music. 

To encourage this love, I try to do music things with them during the day.  I hadn't taken Landon to a music class at the library in a long time (Traveling, pregnancy, and life has gotten in the way) .  When Tonewood emailed me and let me know there were a few openings for their free demo classes I signed up the boys right away.  Landon has been to several demo classes and the library classes- he loves them. 

All morning and the night before Landon was talking about what he wanted to play, mostly about the drums.  HE was so excited.  When Zach came over, Landon told him we were going to music class.  Zach became equally as excited even though he really didn't know what we were doing.  

Landon is normally shy around new people or ones he isn't around a lot.  He must have remembered the instructor, who is amazing!  He was talking away and even gave him a big hug at the end. 

Both boys had a blast and did a great job.  I think they were the life of the class.  Singing loud, dancing in the center of the circle, copying all the moves of the teacher, and playing the instruments.


No comments: