As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Roar and Slither, Squawk and Coo, Things are happening, at the Zoo

Vernine invited Landon and I to join Kalya's class on their field trip to the zoo.  After finishing up Kayla Year end evaluation, we loaded up all the kids in the car and head over to Santa Fe Zoo.  It was Landon's first time the zoo.  He was so excited! I hadn't been in a couple of years, so if was even better for me.
He had on his monkey shirt which the girls at the entrance loved.  






It always amazes me how big the bald eagle really is



Black Swan



Landon really like this little deer animal







Checking out HUGE toads and the turtle



What is so interesting?


 The otters! A family of them- Momma, Daddy, sister and brother



More animals to check out.


 Catch up to the rest of them, boys!
 



 Lemurs

 



 We got to see the porcupines, daddy and his daughter.  They are nocturnal. They were so cute!
 


 The parrots are always fun to watch
 

 Sleepy kitty
 
 Gibbons are so loud!  Kalya and her classes were trying to communicate with them.

 
 Snack time, Landon!

 

 When these bird are mating the guy brings the girl breakfast every morning, ahh how sweet! I like the idea but who wants already eaten food, yuck!
 


 I think this was Landon and Zach's favorite.  They didn't want to leave the fish.
 

 Kalya is such a great "little" mom
 
 The boy started singing and dancing.  Landon tried hard to catch up to them.  He loves music and dancing! 
 

Capuchins!
 

 Landon was either tired or trying to be an animal

 

 On the way out we saw the funniest thing....
 
 Silly peacock!




After lunch, Vernine got Landon and I lunch and we all eat and played at Vernine's until it was nap time for the boys.  It was a lot of fun.  Thanks Vernine and Kalya for the fun morning/afternoon trip!

2 comments:

The Birketts said...

I love the picture of the HUGE goldfish! I think they are cool too!

Whitlocks said...

What a fun outing. I never even went to the Sante Fe Zoo when we lived in Gainesville. Glad you and Landon got to go have fun with friends.
-Katie