As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas Part two: Traveling to Missouri (Landon’s first big trip!)

The day after Christmas we loaded up and headed out to Missouri. It is about a 16 hour drive and we stop in Paducah, KY on the way up and back. Landon did so well. I was very impressed with him. Luckily for us he didn’t sleep the whole time, he did take longer naps that normal but it didn’t mess up his night time sleeping schedule.

Landon got to see snow for the first time. It started snowing about 2 hours after we arrived. Unfortunately, by 2pm the next day almost all of it had melted and there was no snow the rest of the trip.

Well before Landon and I went out and enjoyed the snow (no one else was nearly as excited about the snow as I was). Landon met his Great Grandma and great uncle Mark. After the meet and greet me and my boy got to enjoy the snow falling. So now Landon has seen snow for the first time!

Most of the trip was spent visiting, playing board and video games. Landon met lots of family members- Great Grandma Williams, Great Grandma Monks, Great Grandpa Monks, Great Uncles Kim, Mark, Charles, Steve and Great Aunts Christy and Trish, 2nd cousins Carley and her husband (who are excepting their first little one in May), Caleb, Christopher and Andy. Some of the girls, Aunt Christy, Mom, Jamiie Jo and I, had a girl’s day out. We went shopping and out to lunch. Landon also got to go the girls, but I don’t think he minded too much. He did get some cool new clothes out of the deal. Considering that Landon was in a car seat a good portion of the whole vacation he did really well. I was proud of him. In April, we are flying up to Massachusetts to visit my family and I hope there are many more trips to visit family in his future.


Meeting Great Grandma Williams


Meeting Great Uncle Mark


First snow



Boy am I happy to be out of that car seat!


Hanging out with the family





Meeting Great Uncle Kim



Meeting Great Uncle Charles, Aunt Trish and cousin Andy










HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!







New Years Day/Josh's Birthday at Aunt Christy's house

Meeting Great Grandpa and Grandma Monks












Girl's (and Landon's) Day out







Car rides and breaks




1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

Wow Landon looks so big. Glad he was such a good traveler for you. Isaac has yet to see snow so we are jealous. Hope you all are doing well.
Miss ya,
Katie