As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friends



Ashley, Matt and Noah where in Florida for a few days. We met up with them at the Strode’s for dinner and games after shopping at Pet Co so Josh could advise Brandi on fish to get for her new tank. Bryan made yummy steak sandwiches with a homemade mayonnaise horseradish sauce (I really dislike horseradish but this stuff was good). Dynah and Clayton were very happy to entertain Landon. Clayton especially was great with Landon and so careful. You can tell he is a great big brother. I hope Landon can be just as helpful when he becomes a big brother. After dinner we watched

After the kids went to bed and the Bolins returned from visited at the Crowe’s we played Partnini. It is a twist on Cranium. It was fun but unfortunately for us girls the boys won. The to the boys excitement they beat us again in Mad Gab (I think that was the name). All in all even though us girls lost we all had fun.








The next week Josh, Landon and I joined the Strodes for dinner. Unfortunately, Brandi didn't get to join in the fun with us since she was not feeling well. Bryan made yummy Alaskan salmon caught in Alaska by one of their friends and a great garlic Caesar salad. Josh made his great crab bisque. I love that stuff! The food was great! Plus we also watched one of my favorite kids movies, Hook. After the food and the kids went to bed we played the Wii. Jonathan, one of Josh’s brothers, bought Josh the Wii Fit for Josh’s birthday. The Wii Fit for those of you who don’t know is an exercise “game” for the Wii. It tells you your weight, BMI and your center of gravity plus lots more. I got a great video of Bryan doing yoga. I was going to be nice and only keep it for our enjoyment but Josh being the great friend he is, he said post it. So he it is plus some other pictures.








Other good news, our small group started up again. Even though we are missing a few much loved people, we are still managing. I really love meeting in our small group. It energizes my spirit. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he talked about fellowship. I also want to ask for prayers for one of our small group members. Mrs. Vera is a wonderful women and she has touched my and Josh's lives. It is like having a grandma here, which is great since I have lost one of my and the other lives in New Hampshire so I don't get to see her much. Both of Josh's grandmothers live in Missouri so we get to see them every once in a while. Anyways, Vera is in the hospital right now because she fell and fractured her shoulder. The doctors were unsure if she would need surgery or not. I went and spend about a hour with her today. When though the reasons for visiting today weren't ideal, I really loved spending time with her. She will be in my prayers and I hope you will join me.


Sundays we have been going over to Jessica's and she has been making us lunch. Last week we had a yummy roast and this week we had tacos. It is nice to have lunch made for us plus spending time with Jessica is always great. Jessica and I took Landon for a walk this Sunday. He really loves bring outside. I love the picture of Jessica and him smelling the flowers.





No comments: