As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Frogs and Duckie


Duckie in my computer chair.




Mark and Josh with the HUGE bull frog.


I thought this would be a great post since Josh and I have decided to do the nursery in a pond theme with frogs and ducks. The duck was made by a friend of ours that I work with. I love the fact it is such a huge stuff animal. The frog was found in our ponds when Josh and Mark were doing the spring cleaning of the pond. He must be doing his job of eating all the insects in the backyard to have gotten that big. Hopefully he lives much longer and keeps up the good work.

Josh raised ducks as a child. They even would sleep with them since they thought he was their "mom" and would cry if they didn't know where he was. I think that is the cutest thing. I have always loved frogs. I decorated my first college bathroom all in frogs. Josh and I also grew up catching frogs and other critters all the time. In the nursery there will of course be green and yellow but there will also be blue and purple. If it is a girl, we will incorporate a lot more dragon flies and butterflies, more of my favorites. If it is a boy, we will have more insects and blues in the room.

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

Sounds really cute.Can't wait to see it all put together and of course with baby williams in it.
-Katie