As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Beth Moore Conference

I went to a Beth Moore conference in Jacksonville with some of the ladies from church. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had felt a little better so I could have enjoyed it more. Taylor and I drove over to Jacksonville on Friday. The conference was Friday night and Saturday morning. I have enjoyed doing a few Bible studies from Beth Moore so it was really enjoyable to get to see her in person.
After the Friday night sessions all the ladies headed back to the hotel room. We went over to Colleen, Gloria, and Jen's room for some late night snacking and talking. It was good to get to spend some time with all the ladies. We laughed almost the whole time. We Lou, Lori and I headed back to our room a little before midnight, too late for the pregnant lady here but it was worth it.
We woke up much too early for a Saturday morning at 5:45, or at least that is what me and Taylor thought. ;o) Beth Moore has some of the most amazing singers for her worship band. I would pay just to go see them. They play such a wide variety of music and they do it so well. Worship music always gets me in the mood for learning about God and His Word. My two favorite song they sung were Shackles (praise You) and The Solid Rock. It was very powerful. Shari, Linda, Taylor and Lori rode home with me. We stopped at Subway for lunch and then drove home. I really had a great time with these ladies and was very renewed by the conference. The more I go to Christian conferences the more I love them. The power I feel from so many all worshiping and learning about God is amazing. I bet God loves conferences too. Seeing all those people gathered together sharing in His love and wisdom.
When I got home my sweet husband surprised me by organizing part of our room so that the baby's bassinet can be in there. I have been trying be motivated enough to do it for a while but sometime else always seems more pressing. He also organized the storage in the play room. It was very nice to come home too. I am very blessed to have a guy who works so hard to make me happy.

No comments: