It has been so nice to have Josh home and back safely from his trip to Thailand and China. Many of you know but Josh came home 3 days early. It was an awesome surprise and much needed. He called me at 3:30 telling me he couldn't sleep (12 hour time difference). I had walked in the door from grocery shopping about 10 mins earlier. Jessica had come home right after me. While I was talking to Josh I heard something in the backyard. I ask Jessica if she had a friend with her. I told Josh to hold on because it seemed like someone was in the backyard. As I was getting up to check the backyard with Jessica Josh walks in. I was so shocked. All I could think of was that I was just talking to him in Thailand 5 seconds ago. I was so happy and pregnant so I started crying. Although the trip was not one I want Josh making anytime again in many years, time away always makes me realize how much Josh means to me and appreciate all his does for me.
Since Josh has been home we have pretty busy. We went to another appointment to see Dr. Marichal. We, espically Josh, was thrilled that he did another ultrasound. Don't ask why he did another one because I really don't know. We though we were just going to hear the heart beat. We were both so thrilled about the ultrasound that we forgot to ask why we were having it done. It was so amazing. As soon as we could see our little guys face he/she start touch its face with the little hands. He/she was is a active mood at the time because the baby was kicking and wiggling. It is still sometimes hard to believe that there is a little baby growing inside of me.
Here are the pictures that Dr. Marichal took of the baby.


Josh and I went on our Valentine's date, since we missed it while he was gone. It was so nice to go out together. First we went out and did our registry at Target and Wal-Mart. It was so weird looking at baby stuff for our baby. A lot of big items needed for the baby have been given to us by friends. Thanks Mike, Vernine, and Toni! We are very blessed. A few other things we bought very inexpensively basically brand new from a friend of my brother's. She had doubles of a lot of things and is low on fund especially since she is moving. So we both greatly benefited from the switch. We went to dinner at Miraku Japanese Steak and Sushi. It is one of Josh and mine favorite place to eat. It is normally not too busy and the people who work there are always very nice. We ate sushi, don't worry I only ate the pregnancy safe sushi.
After a yummy dinner!

Josh helped out with Gator nationals to help raise money for the youth group. After directing people to park anyone who helped out can use their vest for free admission. It is a pretty good deal considering you can pay well over a $100 for a ticket. I was able to benefit from it because the next day after the Youth groups did the parking Josh took me along with the vest that the youth group needed to turn in. We only stayed for a little while because I started not feeling well. The heat and noise combined with being pregnant doesn't mix well for long periods. It was fun while we were there though. I love concession stand food so my belly was happy. It is too bad concession stand food its exactly health food.



Josh and I also have been doing some shopping and refinishing. We are giving our living room an update. I have to work pretty slow because I have been fighting with throwing up. Unfortunately, it seems as if I am having early second trimester sickness instead of first trimester. Along with the throwing up I have also been having migraines that last for 2-3 days. They really knock me out. When I am not feeling like crap, I have been working on the living room. I am refinishing the tables. We bought slip covers for the couch and love seat. Hopefully we are able to finish the living room sooner than later. Right now it would not be the best place to have company over. My brother has some great photo editing program so we kinda can see what we are working towards. He has done all the color changes with just a click of a button. It is nice to see what everything will look like before we dive into it.
Josh has been working on the Thailand mission work. He has been putting together brochures and displays. He is presenting a little bit about his China trip at our church in Gainesville the last Sunday in March. He also has been working at getting started again the pond maintenance job he had going before. He had to stop before because He had switched at Petsmart from the pet care to grooming. Grooming was more time demanding and made good money. Plus he was getting too many jobs for just him to do part time. Now with him doing the mission work and having Mark, a long time friend, live in Gainesville he is hoping to be able to make it more successful. If any of you in the Gainesville area know of someone who would like a pond built or maintained or someone with an aquarium needing to be maintained, let us know.
Well that is just a little update on some of the things we have been up to. Sorry if any of my sentences don't make sense I have a bad case of pregnancy brain.
1 comment:
Eat cheese, it seemed to help me to keep from throwing up!
Post a Comment