As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Friday, July 6, 2012

Japanese Taiko Drums Show

This was a last minute decision.  One that I am not sure to forget because it was awesome!  I hope that Landon remembers it for a while too. 

I am a nanny for a little girl who I babysitted for when I was in getting my Masters.  She was Arabella's age and younger when I use to watch her.  It is fun and sad seeing her all grown up as an almost 1st grader. 

I asked the kids about 20 minutes before the show started if they wanted to go because everyone seemed ready to get out and do something but it was SOOO hot outside.  So we quickly packed up and headed to the downtown library.  We got a great spot up front.  The man who played the drums was from Tampa Taiko.  If you go to the website below, Ron, who played for us, is the one on the right.  
http://www.tampataiko.com/

After teaching the kids a few songs he let them come up and play the songs.  It was such a great experience.  Arabella was a little weary because it was so loud but she was interested in the drums and people playing.  My only regret was I didn't have my camera so the pictures are from my phone and not the best quality since it was so dim in the room. 


No comments: