This month we, especially me, have really been amazed by some of our
friends. I have always had friends, even great friends. I feel like as you get
older friends, or how you have friends, changes. You get a job, get
married and have children. Some people don't depend on their friends as
much. I don't know if that is me, but friends aren't always who I go to
first. I have an amazing man who I call my best friend and who is also
my husband. We tell each other everything... I really mean everything.
We share everything from our deepest secrets to our most meaningless
event of the day, sometimes that means we stay up until 2am talking. I also have 2 little loves that take most of my
time, energy and thoughts.
I have generally never been one to ask for help
or seek out a friend when I am in need. But you know what makes a great friend..? the ones who are there for you even when you
don't ask and maybe don't even know you need them. Isn't that what truly makes a real "friend" anyway?
I have that.
Not just one, but several.
I think they know who they are- I hope so. I hope they
know by how I can actually ask them for help (which is something I
almost never do- I don't like it. It is a pride thing and I am trying to
get over it, but it is hard). I hope they know because they have encouraged us. I hope they know because they have seen tears of sadness, pain, and gratefulness. I hope they know because of smiles they have seen in times when smiles wouldn't have been possible without them. I hope they know even though we might not talk every day, week, or month we can still get together and it be as if not much times has past since we saw them. Maybe everyone has GREAT friends, even lots of great friends- but I think that's probably not true. I think people have friends, who they get along with, and do fun things with. Maybe they have great friends and don't even know it because their friends never were given an opportunity to shine.
My friends who have been there for me, us,
this month, past months, and I am sure in the future- please know you
are treasured in my heart. You have made a difference in my life, and my
family's life. I know I could never repay you or express
what it means to me. So thank you for being there and making a huge
difference.
And thank you, my Heavenly Father, for times that may be difficult because through them I would never know how blessed I truly am.
1 comment:
Dear Williams Family,
I was Blessed to meet Josh when we moved to Eglin area in Aug 1994 and came into the Niceville Church. Later again I was Blessed to meet you sweet Krystle and then attend your wedding. I want to Thankyou for always showing Gods AMAZING love through your relationships and daily life /love of your family and friends. Your Family is such a Blessingto me. I have not seen physically is so long,however you are are always close in my heart, prayers and mind :-)
Post a Comment