As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Fun

What a great day!  Easter/ Resurrection Sunday whatever you want to call it- we celebrate because our loving Savior rose from the grave!  What a wonderful reason to spend time with love ones.


The weekend before Easter Landon, Arabella and I were able to join several of our friends at Mrs. Jean's house for a pot luck lunch and egg hunt.  Josh and his brother Jeremiah were helping our friends Chris and Jason lay sod.

After some naps for me and the kids, we joined Josh at Harvest for the Thai dinner fundraiser.  The money raiser is going towards Sally's month long mission trip to Thailand.  You can keep up with all her adventures here.  Josh made all the food except for dessert.  I think he has gotten the authentic Thai taste down.  The first bite brought me back to a special place in my heart- North Burma Cristian's Chaing Mai Children's Hostel.  I think everyone who cane enjoyed themselves and many people (who came and didn't come) blessed Sally with supporting her mission trip.


Easter weekend we had our Friday dinner and Bible study which as always was lots of fun.  We really enjoy spending time, fellowshipping and studying God's Word with our friends.

Saturday morning Landon got to check out his Easter basket of goodies.  Later, we decided to enjoy the warm weather and head over to the pool with Sally. 



Landon with his completed Sponge Bob puzzle



 



 Sally and Landon (picture courtesy of Sally's new underwater case!)My little man is so good at holding his breathe!





Sunday we enjoyed a yummy breakfast and sermon at Harvest.  The Peines traded us for family photos.  Yay for a nice family of four picture!

Sunday evening we spent at Chris and Jason's as a Easter dinner/ final goodbye dinner. (Forgot to take pictures)







To share a little about me and my weaknesses...
This is my Easter candy weakness. I am not one to chow down on candy but this is the exception.  I am not going to tell you how many bags I consumed this holiday season. ;p Lets just say it is a good thing for my figure that these are not sold year round!








No comments: