Josh had to go out of town for the weekend for work. I was pretty nervous to have the kids alone for the weekend- mostly because of trying to get 2 kids ready for bed. Plus Arabella had more fussy 2 hour nighttime issues than good nights. I was texting my parents on Wednesday and they ask what our plans for the week/ weekend were. I joking said to them spending time with Grandpa and Grandma Gorman so I wouldn't have to be by myself. They asked the details of Josh's trip and said they would try to come down. I was so exciting about the possibility of not being by myself and for my parents to finally meet Arabella.
They arrived early afternoon with a yummy lunch in-hand from Harry's. After saying good-bye to Josh- Zach, Landon, Arabella and I enjoyed the rest of afternoon with my parents. Arabella seem to think Grandpa was a good burp rag because I think every time he held her she spit up all over him. We ended up by needing to wash his pants since he only brought two and she covered one pair. Poop Grandpa! Friday night would have been a little tough if I had been by myself because Arabella had a pretty fussy night.
Saturday, got to recover from a late night with Arabella since Grandma and Grandpa were already up when Landon woke up. Saturday we went out to lunch at Cody's (which to me was a new restaurant in Gainesville since I rarely drive past that part of Archer Road). It is similar to Texas Road House. We all had a yummy lunch. I was glad we were adventurous and picked a new place to try. After lunch we went to park down the street from us. We had a great day! Landon loved playing with his grandparents!
Sunday would have been so stressful with our my parents. We still have a hard time getting out the door some days with Arabella, well really us being Williams we have a hard time getting anywhere on time no matter how many children we have;) I had to teach Sunday school and Josh really wanted to take the car for better gas milage. Since my parents were coming he took the car and they brought all of us to Harvest Sunday morning. We said our good-byes after they dropped us off. Our good friend Jean Estes brought us home and Daddy arrived about few hours after we got home.
It was a wonderful weekend that could have been a very difficult and stressful one. Thanks Mom and Dad for saving my sanity and keeping us company for the weekend!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment