As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Monday, November 8, 2010

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend" (well blessed is really the right word!)


I knew when I met Josh that he was pretty special.  I think I was taken with him the first day we meet.  He has always impressed me with how much he cares about others.  He is an amazing husband and father and Landon and I are so blessed by having him in our lives.  He isn't a perfect  guy but he makes me feel like I am a queen.  He does so much for me.  I sometimes take him for granted.  Recently Josh did two things that were just a small reminder of how great he is, at least I think so.  So I wanted to brag on my husband (I think husbands need to be bragged on my their wives) and also write down so it can be remembered what he did.  



A week or so ago...


Josh tries to take Landon with him to work when he cleans the church.  Landon often plays with Ben (his mommy works at church and they are only 2 months apart) and then I get a few hours to myself.  I needed to clean the house recently when he took him.  When Josh came home, I was almost done.  Josh helps with the cleaning and he does a great job and I appreciate all the help but I am pretty particular to how I like things clean.  With the birth of Landon I have come to relize that help, even if it is not up to my standards is better than me wearing my self out or the house staying dirty.  Josh knows that even though I appreciate his help he just doesn't do it how I do.  That night before bed, he told me he want me to "train him" on cleaning the house.  He said he know I like the house clean and with a toddler and a new baby there will be a few weeks that cleaning is just not really on the list of things to do or at least not high up there.  He knows I start to go a little "crazy" when the house isn't clean and he wanted to try his best to help the house stay the way "I" like it.  
I know it might not be much but I think that for someone to really doesn't enjoy cleaning to realize that someone else "needs" the house to be clean a certain way is pretty great.  And to try to make an effort to live up to my standards is even cooler. So you may thin I just rambled on for a while but I just am so impressed with my thoughtful husband I had to share.  


Then this week...

Landon and I spent the week at my parents.  It turned out to be the perfect time because Josh just got a job at UF and they change him from part time to full time in a day.  Plus Landon and I both were under the weather so it was nice to have my parents to take care of us.  We left early enough so that we could make it home for dinner with Josh.


Josh even though he had work an 8+ hour day had a homemade mini Thanksgiving dinner.  He bought a huge turkey- I LOVE turkey so we have lots of left overs and I am super excited!!!!  He made green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls.  
Josh is a awesome cook in my opinion and he cooks most of the time but it was a nice treat to have after 4.5 hours of driving.  Plus this year we will be in CT for Jon's wedding so it was nice to have "our" turkey dinner.




I know it isn't luck that I have a husband like Josh.  My Lord created us just for each other and Josh was made perfect for me.  After 6 years of marriage sometimes I forget all of the wonderful things about him that made me fall in love but in general I know I am pretty blessed.  This song always reminds me of Josh and in my head I just change the words "lucky" to "blessed."  Thank you Josh for being the best husband for me and the best daddy to our children!





Do you hear me? I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair

Though the breezes through trees
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning 'round
You hold me right here, right now

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh, ooh

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

So sweet...you and Josh are truly blessings to each other. Thank you for the reminder that we need to brag on our husbands and remember the special things they do for us.
-Katie