Josh had more overnights so Landon and I decided to get out of the house so he could sleep peacefully. We went to the University of Florida's Museum of Natural History. It is free to get in so that made it even better. They have a kids section where there are things to touch, play with and make. Landon seemed to like the fossils of the
mastodons, woolly mammoths and the butterflies the best. We didn't go into the Butterfly Forest area (you have to pay for that) but there is plenty to see about the butterflies in the museum. On our way out we also stopped in to take a quick look at the Museum of Art. Landon did really well, he was quiet and really was interested in the weird abstract art they had on display.
I know Grandpa Gorman was happy to hear about this day, he always loved taking me and my brother to as many museums as possible when I was growing up. I always enjoyed it so I guess I will be carrying on that tradition with my family.
We also stopped to eat lunch at Chic-Fil-A. I had a coupon to get free chicken nuggets. I got a big surprise when I went to pay, apparently the 100th customer gets their meal free and Landon and I were their 100th custom! So our we got both meals for free and I got to keep my coupon!
It was a fun day for both of us and we didn't spend a penny!
 |
| Posing in front of the Ocean Wall |
 |
| Coloring at the art area in the Kids Center |
 |
| MASTODON! |
 |
| I like the orange ones the best! |
 |
| Baby butterflies, otherwise know as caterpillars and cocoons |
 |
| The day at the museum tucked this little man out! |
No comments:
Post a Comment