As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, our sweet boy Landon



Happy 2nd Birthday, Landon!!!!!!!!!!!



This year was so much fun celebrating Landon's birthday.  Landon and my birthday are only 5 days apart from each other.  When he was born I was and still am excited about our birthdays being so close.  I am sure one day he will not share the same excitement about celebrating birthdays together but I can hope.
Unfortunately Josh had to work an overnight the night before Landon's birthday so although he might have had to work since Landon's birthday was on a Thursday this year, he sleep through the morning of Landon's birthday.  I decorated 2 balloons for Landon to find when he woke up in the morning.  He was very excited about them!






He spend some time playing with them as I made breakfest.  We had one of his favorties, bagel and cream cheese.  I made it kind of like a bagel cake and let him attempt to blow out the candle.  He was thrilled. 




After breakfast, we did our normal Thursday morning activity of going to the library for Toddler Time at the library.  We love the lady who regular does it and this day she came and talk to us afterward.  She wanted to tell Landon how much she appreciated him being a good listener and participator. 

Toddler story time at the library, our Thursday morning favorite!


After lunch, Josh and I watched Landon open up his presents.  Landon wore his "Birthday Boy" ribbon we picked up at the dollar store. 





He got a fire truck that came with tools so you can take the whole thing apart.






Landon also got Play-Doh








Working on his cool new truck







Landon playing with his cars and his "garage"






Landon is learning and growing so fast.  I can hardly believe it was two years ago that he was born. 

Landon can count to 5 and sometimes 10 without any help.  He can spell "dog" most of the time.  He knows a couple of his letters and can point them out in a book.  He has seveeral words in his favorite books memorized.  He "helps" read with us.  He tends to to get stuck on the number 3.  He talks to the baby every day.  He frequently gives my belly a kiss and says: "Love you too, baby."  I know he is going to make a great big brother.  He also started staying "love you too" which melts Mommy and Daddy.  We are so proud and blessed to have such a wonderful little boy!

Some of Landon's favorites

Food- Edamame, noodles, fish, popcorn, cashews, and frozen corn

Books- Gerald the Giraffe, Mighty Movers Emergency Vehicles, The story of Noah and Daniel, and book with babies in it. 

Toys- Bobby his little stuffed Hippo,  Markers, trains, cars and truck (Especially fire trucks and police cars), stuffed animals, Little People, and any insects he finds that don't bite.

Color- Orange
Number -2
Animal- Hippo









No comments: