As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tebow's Commerical

I missed the talked about Tim Tebow commercial even though I did watch the Super Bowl. I happened to be out of the room when it was on and so, being interested in Tim and also wanting to see what all the hype was about I searched online after the game. I came across a Web site that had the commercial paired with a new article about it.

Here is the site if you can to look at it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/07/tim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-v_n_436383.html


While checking out the page I saw there was a poll. I coped the poll question below.



Quick Poll
Was CBS right to air the Tim Tebow ad?

(A) Yes, everyone is entitled to express their beliefs

(B) No, the Super Bowl should not include commercials with this type of message


So hopefully you all know I clicked on "Yes, everyone is entitled to express their beliefs"

I don't know why but I was really surprised and disappointed in the results of the poll.

Quick Poll
Was CBS right to air the Tim Tebow ad?

Yes, everyone is entitled to express their beliefs

55.64%

No, the Super Bowl should not include commercials with this type of message

44.36%


Why I am I surprised about this I really don't know. I just don't understand why people don't get that most of the ads on TV today convey opinionated messages that having sex is OK before marriage, or that it is OK to look at half-naked women, or be disrespectful to parents, or anyone you want to disrespect. There are plenty of other opinions I find offensive on commercials but that is a few.

I think the Tebow "Pro-life" commercial was done very PC. I am very against abortion and think we (Christians) need to be more proactive in standing up for the unborn children, but tastefully. Are there people who are out there that think we should stand up for pre-martial sex? I know there are lots who don't see anything wrong with it, but do they say "hey I hope our daughter grows up to have sex with lots of men before she gets married." I find that hard to believe, but that is exactly what we are letting our children think by allowing them to watch things that push promiscuity.
What is the difference between being tolerant of promiscuity and being tolerant of pro-life perspectives?
I hope that many of you will read this and change that poll results. Regardless of your political or religious perspectives, isn't freedom of speech a principle that covers both sides? Even if you don't agree with me completely, its ridicules that 44% of polled individuals believe in the suppression of a vaguely pro-life perspective, considering that nothing in the commercial was controversial, but merely showed a Web site where the values of pro-life individuals are promoted.
Anyway, vote, and thanks for listening to be rant about my opinion.

3 comments:

The Birketts said...

I was hoping for a little more out of the commercial. I thought it was extremely PC (almost too PC)... and am SHOCKED that anybody could even take the time to be offended. Ridiculous! I am sad for the people that are Tebow haters... cause you have to be pretty LOST not to respect him and his story. Go Gators... and lets make more commercials!

The Crowe's said...

I didn't understand what the big deal was after I watched it. Part of me wonders if that was not the original version of the commercial. I'd hate to think that FOTF changed the commercial due to the controversy it was supposedly generating, but I fail to see how that commercial could have caused any sort of stir. I knew it was coming and I still didn't get any sort of abortion stance out of it.

The Crowe's said...

Also, latest results:


Yes, everyone is entitled to express their beliefs

63.21%

No, the Super Bowl should not include commercials with this type of message

36.79%