As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Potty Training

Landon has been very interested in the bathroom. He also hates getting his diaper changed. I decided why not try potty training. I have taken it very slow since I know he is still young. I set up a reward system with stickers. I made him a chart with different things he needs to do if he is going to start using the bathroom. He gets to put the sticker on the task completed for that day. He loves it. If he pees or poops in the toilet he also gets sticker on his hand. By week three I think he has really gotten the idea of going in the bathroom.


Week 3 chart and Landon with his "smile" face (He has a much sweeter smile but this is the cuteness you get if you ask him to smile)


Josh and I were very proud to announce that we were late to small group Bible study during week 3 because Landon told us he had to go on the drive over to Vernine's. We stopped at a gas station and Josh took him, and he peed! We are now in week 4. We started wearing big boy undies and training pants this week.


Showing off his big boy Thomas undies from Grandma and Grandpa Gorman



"I'm strong, Dad!"

Now we are working on telling Mom or Dad without one of having to ask every 10 minutes. He is starting to get that idea. He has some great days and some not so great days. He has gone several different days without having an accident. Play time with friends is still his very week point. He also just started getting the idea of pooping in the toilet.

1 comment:

The Birketts said...

WOW... what a Big Boy! I really like those undies! You moms are so good with your charts! Maybe I'll get with the program on the 2nd child... Megan just goes to the bathroom for food! Great Job guys!