Either way we got there I remembered almost everything, forgot the air mattress pump (not the best when you are sleeping on a dirt cold ground in a tent!) Other than sleep it was great! Josh was so surprised and really loved the trip! We had hambugers and potatoes cooked on the open grill. I brought fire wood from our huge stash a home and we had a nice fire afterward to warm up by and cook s'mores on. The next day, we all had breakfast. We went for a couple of different walks and went fishing. We had lunch at the camp site. We were hoping for some fresh caught fish like last time we went to Manatee Springs but the fish just didn't seem that interested in being caught. Landon loved being about to be outside all day.
The Count Down
It was a "little" dark when we got the tent set up. It was great though because without knowing it I booking the same site we had last April (I think is when we came last) and we loved that site.
Landon enjoying grilling with Daddy
I really think he will be a great cook when he gros up and love it at least as much as his Daddy
One of Landon's new skills- blowing
He was helping daddy get the fire going
The best- outside digging in the dirt with PJs
Playing on the playground
Watching Daddy fish
"Did you catch anything Daddy!?"
I get to help too!
Fishing tuckered this little guy out he didn't even make it back on the short walk from the dock to the site
I am rested now and on the move
OK, we are back and ready to go Mom-Mom (Thats what he calls me)!
1 comment:
Love this idea!!! Sounds like you had fun. Matt set our tent up today in the back yard and we all took a nap...also on the ground and our hips hurt...so I can sympathize that with you! Hope to talk to you all soon!
Post a Comment