As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Landon updates and our week






Landon started rice cereal last week. I found a recipe so I can freeze the rice cereal. It is great because it takes less than 1 minute to put together. He seems to really enjoy it most of the time. I bought some very bright colors spoons which he loves. He wants to take them and try to feed himself. Josh and I have learned that remembering to feed him every night will be something we need to get use too. We have always been a family who typically ate dinner about 5:30-6:30 and unless one of us had to work we would eat together. If we still did that it would be easy to feed Landon. But being first time parents and still trying to finish moving into a house and still wanting to share dinner time together, sometimes we don’t eat until 9 or later. Hopefully feeding Landon will help us to focus on getting an earlier dinner time where we all sit together.


His first bowl of rice cereal

He looks very mad at the spoon.

Such a boy


Trying how to figure out how to use the spoon

Mom, I am ready for some food!



This Sunday was great day. I had been not in the best of moods on Friday and Saturday, just feeling overwhelmed at trying to get everything done that needs to be done. I love Landon and our house but taking care of both don’t always seem to go well. Plus Josh picked up another job to help with the bills so I have less help around the house. So on Sunday we when to church (the day had started off bad because I over slept an hour and half, the one morning Landon also decided to sleep in!) which always makes me feel better. It did this Sunday too after I forgot about the morning stresses. Afterwards the Looks invited us out to lunch. They are a great family. We went with Jeff and Victoria plus their daughter, Desiree, Son-in-law and grandson and Ms. Marsha. We went to Kasboro’s. We all enjoyed the lunch, everyone but me got their wings. When lunch and the conversations were finished Josh, Landon, and Ms. Marsha and I went to go see Mrs. Vera. This past week Landon and I (Josh when he isn’t busy) have been visiting Vera in the hospital and rehab center. I have been telling Vera that I would like to spend more time with her, just invite me over. Well, now she is in a public place and we can visit her whenever we feel like it. She is such a sweet lady. At church she always looks so classy and pretty. She is in no way vain but it is obvious she wants to be presentable. While she has been in the hospital and Rehab the soap that they offer has alcohol in the soap which has done a job on her nails. So Sunday after lunch with the Look family we went to see her. Josh had made her some food, a steak and potato dinner. We also brought her communion. We sat and talked, Josh read the Bible and summarized the communion message and sermon, Ms Marsha and I helped do Mrs. Vera’s nails.

Vera is just a great person to be around. This Wednesday night we meet with Chad from our small group and all had dinner with Mrs. Vera. Josh made fish. We also got a chance to talk to Mrs. Vera’s roommate, Mary. Mary hasn’t been very happy since she was told she as going to be released this week and then they changed it. She didn’t join us for dinner but she did enjoy a cookie that Chad had brought for dessert. We have been visiting Vera to make her stay more pleasant. But we really have gotten a lot out of it. It can be inconvenient to go visit her for about an hour and a half everyday, chores around the house get done late at night or skipped but this past week and half has really made me realize that chores and task that seem so important really aren’t very important at all when you compare them to the company of a friend. It is a good reminder just how well Jesus Christ knows us. He said how important it was to love our neighbor, not complete all your chore.


Landon went to his second birthday party this past week too. Rosemary turned 3 and had a Curious George party. Brandi with Brandi’s Dandies (Brandi you like my plug for your business?!?!) did a great job with the cake. Landon got to play with Ben, Rosemary’s little brother and had fun watching all kids. My favorite was watching the kids make home made ice cream!! When I was teaching, I had my science class use the same recipe. Oh, it is so good! That evening Landon was very tucked out and enjoyed hang out with his fluffy buddy, Bourbon.





Happy Birthday Rosemary!!!!


Dynah making ice cream


It looks like Ben took a really good joke and Landon is cracking up






Here were a couple of picture I had of Ben and Landon playing at church.

Watching Rosemary


Best buds

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

The pictures of Landon and Ben are so cute! So glad you are visiting Ms. Vera. She is a special lady. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.Miss you.
-Katie

PS. It is hard to remember to do something new food wise with your baby! It gets easier when they start reminding you they want to eat.