As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lions, Tigers, and Bears... Oh My!! Jacksonville Zoo with the Bolins


Ashley asked me if I was interested in going to the Jax zoo.  I have been wanting to take the kids to the zoo for such a long time.  At almost $20 just for Landon to go, I had been putting it off.  Apparently in January on Tuesdays this year they had $2 entry fees for everyone 3 and up.  I didn't even hesitate, YES! So we packed up the van, got the Bolins and then headed to Jacksonville.  We had packed a lunch.  We stopped at a gas station about a half hour away out had bathroom breaks and ate lunch.  
It was a great Florida "winter" if you can even fairly called it a winter.  We had so much fun.  The kids were totally worn out by the end of it.  All 5 kids, walked almost the whole time.  We had a double stroller and wagon.  Landon loved the reptile house.  Arabella gets pretty scared of of a very realistic snake that Landon has, so I was pretty surprised at how interested she was in the snakes.
Because we got such a deal on entrance, we bought tickets to go on the train which was also $2 for everyone over 3.  The train was a big hit! 




Reptile house and train ride
My favorite exhibit was the Bonobo apes.  The family had a little 2 year old baby.  It was adorable!  The baby kept bugging mom, dad, and even sometimes big sister to take him down off the wood tower.  It is so amazing to see animals caring for each other, similarly to us.  I love that God has made so many amazing things in their world for us to enjoy, care for and share pleasures such as parenthood.
Florida exhibit and Bonobo apes

Landon giving the big snake some "love."

I love the looks that boys boys have in this picture.  It cracks me up!

The pengiun exhibit was cool.  All the little penguins hanging out on the rocks and then a group would all jump in one right after another race to the other side of the pool and then join the group again.  It was funny and adorable.  But the BEST part was the had this little cave that kids could climb into and one wall was glass...so you could see the the penguins swim by.  Oh my, the giggles and squeals!! The kids sat there for probably 10 minutes!

Penguins were the biggest hit for my little loves.  




Needless to say, we throughly enjoyed ourselves and so did my pocket book ;)

No comments: