As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arabella's first Christmas 2011

A Flashback to December 2012



We had a small little Christmas at our house 2 weeks before Christmas.  We wanted the kids to enjoy their presents, have our own Christmas family traditions- besides celebrating Christmas for as long as possible is always a great idea ;)  We opened presents, enjoyed our gifts, and had a big Christmas dinner.  It was really nice to have a little Christmas with our family of four.

The kids and I went home a week and half before Christmas.  Since we were all sick, Josh was working a lot we went to get taken care of.  My parents were really helpful. A day before Christmas Eve day and much to my surprise and delight NO SIGNS OF ILLNESS in any of us (.  Man, was I ecstatic!!  It was such a blessing!  We were able to enjoy Christmas eve and Christmas with no tissues, coughs, trips to the bathroom, or anything!  I don't know what has been going around Gainesville or why we seemed to get everything but I was glad to have a healthy family for Christmas.  Even better was that we were healthy the whole trip!
A sleeping angel
Mater Sandwich- by Mommy made especially for Landon




A few days before Christmas, Josh arrived in town and I had a BIG Surprise for him and the rest of the Williams family.  After Josh spent a little time at my parent's house we headed to Niceville.  We had to make a quick stop- at the airport to pick up JESSICA!  No one knew she was coming home for Christmas.  Jessica and I had planned the surprise visit for over a month.  We tricked the rest of the family (which included getting Jon, Merry, and Owen over) into thinking Jessica wanted to Skype.  Apparently there were some "issues" connecting and that is when Jessica walked in the door.  By the look on everyone's face I think we succeeded in our surprise!  She stayed until the morning after Christmas.  




We did our traditional Christmas Eve- Christmas Eve presents (from Grandpa and Grandma Gorman) and Christmas lights viewing.  Landon loved his Christmas Eve present which was a Rescue Squad Mater set.  He has been asking for it for almost a year.  We did our lights viewing around town.  Bella enjoyed it for a short time and then zonked out.  Landon loved it but only for a short time.
Christmas morning, we woke up at the Gorman's and had a nice morning with presents, breakfast, and watching the kids play.  My parents, brother and the rest of us went to the Williams for a big Christmas lunch.  I love this time of year because I love Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!!! The whole family was there which is such a big thing for Josh and me. We were trilled to spend it with both our parents and all of our siblings and new nephew.  After dinner we chit chatted, eat dessert, and played with the little ones.  Shortly after my parents and brother left, we opened presents at the Williams.  Landon was took his role again of being the gift giver.  We also did our secret Santa gifts.  I had Jamiie and Merry had me.  Josh had Merry and Jon had Josh.  After presents, we watched a movie and ended the night.

Christmas Eve







Arabella's First Christmas








Christmas Morning at the Gorman's






Christmas At the Williams'





The day after Christmas was sent packing and saying our good-byes to my parents.  Earlier the day after the day after Christmas we headed on the road.  I was really nervous about how Arabella would do on the trip.  Thankfully she did well!  She did need quite the entertainment but as long as Jamiie, Daddy or I was entertaining her she said happy 95% of the time.  She slept but not any more than normal.  Landon, like normal, didn't sleep at all.  He had fun playing with Daddy,Uncle J, and sometimes Grandpa and Grandma Williams though.

Our first night we stayed at our normal stop in Paducah, Kentucky.  We enjoyed the indoor pool.  Bella would have preferred a warmer indoor pool but we did get some smiles out of her.  Jeremiah, Josh and I watched a movie that night until 2 or 3.  We made good time the following day and arrived in time for dinner with everyone.
Paducah


For 4 days, we enjoyed visiting with family, seeing all of our aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.  Family trips are always so much fun!  We visited Grandpa on the farm, went out to dinner and hung out at Grandma Williams and Aunt Christy's house.  Uncle J sent a lot of time trying to get Bella to warm up to him.  By the end of the trip she did and was having lots of fun with her silly uncle.  Landon loved all the attention he got from everyone.  He played with Grandma, which was awesome to see him enjoying his great Grandmother.  I unfortunately became sick the day before we left (big surprise- seems like that is all my family and I do these days).  Thankfully, whatever it was was short lived and I was feeling mostly back to myself after a long nap while everyone went to church services and just a restful day in general.


Grandpa Monks' Farm

Family Dinner



 

The trips are never long enough and soon it was time to leave. We said our good byes and started the 2 day (17 hour) trip back.  The kids both did well again.  We stayed with my parents once we returned for a night and then made our way back to Gainesville the next day.
On the way home to Gainesville- ONE tuckered out little boy

No comments: