As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Williams- trouble maker already?

I am excited and anxious to meet our new little one.  I have heard so many stories from mommies and daddies of two or more how neat it is to learn the differences and similarities between their children.  I am excited to watch Landon become a big brother, a role that I know he must have been made for.  If you watch Landon around any baby or even spend the day with him you will most likely think the same thing.  I am am looking forward to our family growing and worry about being a great mommy to 2 instead of 1.  It seems like there is nothing more I could give another but I know that my heart will just grow and there will be plenty to go around.

This baby is hopefully days and not weeks from coming to meet his/her family.  Already there are so many differences and I am sure one day I can look back and laugh at them but at the moment they are driving me crazy!  Landon's birth and labor was a little worrisome and stressful since I had preeclampsia and he had an abnormal umbilical cord.  I had to have an emergency induction and was minutes away from have an emergency c-section.  God answered our prayers and he was born with no health issues and I made it through the whole thing with no pain killers!

This little baby is, in a sense better, off than Landon health-wise. As of right now I do not have preeclampsia and the baby's umbilical cord is normal.  So the differences are already there.  Also this time, I have been having Braxton Hick like crazy since November.  I am dilated and not in the hospital.  My water broke and then has closed up (didn't know that could happen).  I thought last night I was going to go to the hospital because I was having contractions that were a good 1.5 minutes long and not more than 2 minutes apart, only to have them stop right after I told Josh I think we should leave.  I am thankful that this baby has a healthier start but he/ she sure is teaching me a HARD lesson in patience and God's timing. 

Josh's youngest sister already missed a half of week of school to come and watch Landon and help out.  Of course, you can probably guess that now there won't be another week Jamiie can just miss school.  Landon has voiced to us that he just wanted Aunt Jamiie to stay with him if Mommy and Daddy had to go to the hospital without him.  I would love for him to have his first choice of how things go when baby comes.  If this baby doesn't come this weekend then he will have to stay with friends.  We are blessed to have so many friends who have offered to help in so many ways. I wish though that I didn't have to leave Landon.  I know he will have fun with friends and he will be fine but I am a worrier (even though I try hard not to be) and he is my baby.  I know God's plans are the best so all I am asking is any of you who are reading this pray that our baby arrives safely and with as little stress to the family as possible.  I would love to add prayer for the baby to come quickly but I know that really isn't my decision and maybe not the best.

Baby Williams, we love you and can't wait to meet you.  You are driving your Mommy a little crazy but I know that just comes with being a Mommy.

I can't wait...
to hold you in my arms.
to find out if you are a little girl or boy. 
to give you to your big brother who already loves you and is so excited to meet you. 
to see your Daddy hold you and love on you because he LOVES babies so much especially when they are his.


So come as soon as your ready and be safe and nice to your Mommy.

No comments: