As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and Blessings



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is about thanking God for our blessings and spending time with family. Unlike Christmas it is not so commercialized or hectic. I have so much to be thankful for.

For Thanksgiving we went back home to visit with our parents. It is great having our parents live close together so we don’t have to pick which family to visit on holidays and vacations. We stayed with the Williams first. Besides sleeping a lot of Wednesday away (since we got in so late and I didn’t feel good), Josh helped his dad with house maintenance and repairs and I went shopping with Mom, Jessica and Jamiie Jo. We watched Miracle on 34th Street. That is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Most of us didn’t make it through the whole movie before we pasted out.

This year my parents were unable to make it over to the Williams’ house for Thanksgiving but my brother still came. We ate lots of yummy food. I made two pumpkin cheesecakes from scratch. I cut up and boiled a real pumpkin and with a little help from Jessica made a gram cracker crust. They came out pretty good. After the big meal we played a game of Geography Pursuit. Mom and Dad Williams won but my brother and I came in a very close second. It is a pretty cool game. I had never played it before. It is from 1987 by National Geographic.

Friday, we went out shopping and to lunch with my parents. We went to the Gorman favorite, a little French cafĂ© on the water. Landon had so much fun looking at the water and walking on the docks. Landon did really well going to all the stores. Josh was able to meet up with his best buddy Chris that evening. Saturday Landon was able to meet his great aunt and uncle and 2nd cousin for the first time. We also went out shopping again. That evening I had to get the deposit recorded for North Burma Christian Mission so it could be deposited on Monday. Sunday was church, lunch and good-byes. We went to Josh’s favorite restaurant in the world and a top favorite of the Williams, a little Chinese restaurant in Niceville. Unfortunately, our 4.5 hour drive was was closer to 6.5 hours because of a horrible accident that was by our exit on I75 and backed up traffic all the way to 20 miles on I10 before I75. Boy was that a miserable wait. I always hate to see accidents around the holidays. It does make me remember to be thankful that I have my loved ones alive and well to celebrate the holidays with.

Landon had a great time celebrating his first big family holiday with the Gorman’s and Williams’. Enjoy the pictures!

Watching Christmas movies


Granddad and his Grandson


Bobbi and Marigold


Landon, my cutie!


Landon playing with his aunts



Playing video games


Pumpkin Cheesecake!


Preparing the feast


Deviled eggs!!!



The feast


Look at him wiggling


Happy boys


My cute doggie


Aunt Jamiie and Landon



Lunch at the Bay Cafe







Playing with Grandpa


Meeting Tyler and his girlfriend


Landon with Aunt Leah and Uncle Kerry

Lunch at New Hong Kong



Just a few of my blessings

-healthy baby boy

-Wonderful, loving husband

-an amazing family

-great friends

-our two church families

Our health

Our home

Our lovable pets

My Savior Jesus Christ


No comments: