As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Little Man

This has been a week of new experiences, hard word, amazing happiness, and a few tears. I love being a mom. I love the way Landon looks into my eyes and needs me so much. I never knew I could be so happy to hear a little burp or fart or see a poopy diaper.

Good times- Landon has been able to meet lots of our friends and has been in a good mood for just about all of them. Landon has met one of his aunts, Jessica, and one set of his grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa Gorman. Landon was slightly jaundice after the second day being born and after lots of sun through the windows and 5 minute sunbaths a couple times day outside, it is now gone. Landon is nursing VERY well, sometimes it seems like that is all he does. Landon has slept 3-4 hours at a time on 3 nights! Landon made his Mommy very proud. On my birthday we went out to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, a little Vietnamese place on University Ave. Landon did great! Wednesday, Little Man and I went to the store to pick up a few things. He slept the whole time and got lots of complements on how cute and little he is. Landon likes it when I sing the alphabet song to him and count to 10.

Tough times- Friday was a tough day, Landon was very fussy, my milk came in and he had difficulty feeding, his jaundice was the worst this day and he didn’t poop. Unfortunately, my Landon does not seem to like getting a bath. Boy did he scream. Daddy turned on some oldies and we tried dancing and singing him through the bath. Maybe, hopefully he will start to like baths. Landon also does not enjoy his diaper being changed, although he seems to realize it helps with the uncomfortable feeling of a dirty diaper and is getting better. There have been a few nights that Landon gets up every hour to hour and half to feed. So even though we have had some tough times we are getting through them and many of them are getting better even in the week he has been alive.

Overall we have a happy, healthy baby boy who Josh and I love more than anything.

Here are some pictures of his first week.























2 comments:

Whitlocks said...

I can't get over how tiny he is.It sounds like you are adapting to parenting well. That's great that he is a good eater. I think he looks like his momma especially in that last picture!
-Katie
PS. Happy belated B-day. I was thinking it was on the 26th, oops.

Ash said...

Yeah! I am so glad to see more pictures. How has the pumping been going? It sounds like you are getting around really well for a brand new mommy! So glad we got to meet him while we were in gville.
Ash