Well, school has ended. No more teaching 15-20 different kids every hour for a long time. For the most part I am so glad to be done. I can't wait to focus on my next student my little baby. I am going to miss my students at Westwood Middle School though. Even though they can be a big pain sometimes I really do love them. It is incredible how much they have impacted my life. I still talk to a few of my students from last year that went on to high school. I plan on visited school once the baby is born. I have a lot of teachers and students who will be very disappointed if I don't come and visit. Here are a few pictures from the year and the last two weeks.
Lots of love from my homeroom students

My Homeroom class

My 6th period class, who can all pose at the same time


Josh playing b-ball with a couple of my students during their End of the Year party

After post planning on Friday, we packed up in Josh's parents van and the whole family headed to Cherry Point and New Burn, North Carolina. Jon, Josh's oldest younger brother is stationed there. Jon and his squad were working the air show they had this weekend. Jon invited the family up for a visit and to see the show. I was hoping for some cooler weather but had no such luck. The heat index on Saturday was 109. Needless to say Josh and I didn't get to stay at the air show much more than an hour. Since I really don't sweat it was just too much being out in the heat. We did get to see some awesome stunts. Jon got us great parking it was less than 30 feet from the entrance of the air show. We also got bottles of water and met a lot of Jon's bosses and fellow Marines. Once out on the tarmac, we sat in the revered section so we were sitting on bleachers instead of standing the whole time. Josh and I saw the Army put on there stunts. The Blue Angles were there too. I guess they put on a great show after Josh and I went back to the hotel. While we were at the hotel I took a nice nap. Then the family came back to the hotel we went out to eat. After dinner Jon and his girlfriend came over to the hotel and we played games.
The next day we went to Jon's church. It is a smaller church. All the people were so friendly, I felt very welcomed. The service was very good. After church we headed back to the hotel and eat lunch and went swimming. For dinner, Jon's Young single couple's Bible study had a special dinner for us. They wanted us to have a chance to met Jon's friends at church and they wanted to get to know us. What a great fellowship! The food was yummy and the company was great. We played Taboo, girls vs. boys, after dinner. The girls won by 5 points.
Welcome to Cherry Point

This wasn't for our Jonathan but thought it was funny

The Air Show

A truck that uses Jet fuel


The plane and truck racing- the truck won

Parachuters


Some of Jon's Bible study group and the Williams' family (The girl with the red hair and plaid dress is Jon's girlfriend, Stefany.)

We had a great weekend. I realized traveling and being pregnant is not the most comfortable thing. Trying to sleep is very difficult! On the way back Josh's mom let me ride up front which was a lot better. All the animals were very glad to see us. Now we just have to get ready for next weeks trip to North Carolina for the CIY (Christ in Youth) Conference and then the following week we will be in the panhandle of Florida at Tri-State Christian Camp as the missionary sponsors.
1 comment:
sounds fun. hope all the preg stuff goes well these next few weeks. I will be praying for you!
Post a Comment