As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Friday, February 8, 2008

When it rains it pours


Well Josh is in Thailand and China for a month. He returns on the 27th of February. Josh has been doing a great job, before he left, of taking care of things around the house since I have been so tired (making dinner, clean, etc.). Now that he is gone I have to make my own dinner and clean up. Jessica and Mark do their share but there are many things that our Josh and my responsibility.
Since Josh has been gone it seems like all kinda of things have gone wrong. For starters, the night after he left as rat got in my closet. I think for the attic because the door to the attic is not very heavy and it doesn't fit right so one little move and it can teeter so something could fall in. Jessica and I tried catching it for about 10 mins. I was really nervous about getting bitten since I am pregnant. So I called my brother to come to help. After my bedroom was torn up and a hour and a half later they caught the young rat. So my closet and some of my room is still a mess because I don't have enough energy after work to get it straighten out.



Next, a day or two later after the rat ordeal one of the shelves in my closet (the one with all my clothes that need to ironed (of course) pulled out of the wall and fell. So now on top of my already messy closet all the clothes and the shelf are on top of the mess. I just started laughing when I saw it. I didn't know what else to do.
Now last weekend I was sick with a fever and sore throat for a day. Now today and I am sure at least tomorrow I have a fever (a little one), a horrible cough, and my whole body aches. I have been sleeping off and on all day but I have a hard time sleeping.
Work has also been stressful. I think it is just that time of year when everyone is ready for a break and nervous about FCAT. Normally any one of these things or all of them would be fine because I could cuddle up with my hubby and vent to him. Even though I get to talk to him everyday it is just not the same.
The other day when I was dead tired I came home to Bunny being outside somewhere. He gets out every once in a while. He just explores the backyard and comes backs in. I was a little bit more worried this time because Charlotte died. I didn't know if he went to go find her or go die somewhere. Well, I was getting ready for bed at 8:45 and Bunny still had not come back. We never let Bunny stay out over night because we don't want any animals to get to him. I called for him and he did not come. While I was too tired to keep looking and hoped that Bunny would be OK. Well just as I was drifting off Jessica called me. She had come home from work (I think). She was walking up and saw a little brown bunny and was wondering if it could be Bunny. It was! He had gotten in front yard. This had never happened before. So on top of being super tired, I had to go outside and help Jessica try to catch Bunny. Mark heard all the commotion and came to help. The 3 of us tried catching him for about 15 minutes. We were able to get him into the backyard. I put a grid over the hole that I think he got out. Mark went inside because we couldn't get him to come to the porch. Jessica went inside to change out of her work pants. I think Bunny must have not liked everyone else out there because a minute or two after they went in I called him and he came right too me. He hoped back to his little house area. So instead of going to bed at 8:45 ish it was more like 10pm. At least now he is eating well, before he wasn't eating much.
Chiang, our little black and white kitten, had surgery to be neutered on Wednesday. While Jessica and I parking for my appointment I got a call from the vet. Chiang has a heart murmur and they were not sure if it was safe to operate on him so they recommend a ECG. That was an extra $50 but I was hoping that it would give me some piece of mind. Right as I was being called into see my doctor I received another call. I wait until after the appointment and listened to the message. The cardiologist looked at Chiang's ECG and said he could not say for certain that he was OK for surgery. He want to get an ultrasound of Chiang's heart before he OK the surgery. The vet recommend instead of paying $150-350 for the ultrasound that we put off the surgery for a month and a half in hope that he will grow out of it. Kittens tend to grown out of heart murmurs but not always. So even though for now he is OK I am still worried about him. If his heart murmur does not go away it mean Chiang will not ever be able to have surgery and he could have a shortened life span.
To many things worst Josh is really sick in Thailand. He went to the emergency room to get some medication which has not done much yet. The doctor thinks it is just a stomach flu. He is so sick he was talking to be during his day time and he fell asleep while we were talking. Without going into to much detail Josh has to run to the bathroom almost every hour even during the night. So we are both miserable right now and miss each other and are on different sides of the world.
Josh and I have always said difficult times can split us apart or pull us a lot close together. I can't wait for the closer together part. I sure miss his hugs and snuggling up next to him every night.
I am not the only one who misses Josh. Reesie, our little fluffy cat, keeps walking around crying. She normally stops if I call her but since Josh has been gone she hasn't. She has also been acting weird. Bourbon, the dog, has also been acting weird. I think he is missing his buddy too.
So like the saying goes, when it rains it pours. I just hope there are some clear skies in the near future.

2 comments:

Whitlocks said...

What a week. Jimmy and I will be praying for you and Josh. Let us know when Josh is feeling better and how his mission work is going and you just sleep as much as possible. Housework can always wait!
-Katie

Ash said...

you poor pregnant girl!!! Hope you all start feeling better. Animals definately know when something is not right. I hope they all start feeling a little happier too. You can call me if you ever need to talk!