I love Christmas parties. You get to see people you care about and have fun.
Christmas Gala
Pictures are soon to come. None of them came out good but I will be getting some from Harvest soon.
The Christmas Gala was beautiful. I love the way Harvest has decided to put on their Christmas service. It is not about the Christmas story but a collections of short plays, music, monologues, and stories about things that surrounds Christmas. Their was beautiful music sung through out the show. John Potts did a great job organizing and performing. There was also a short play down by Joel S. and Mekayla. It was the story of the REAL Santa Claus. Several of the children in that attend Children's Church put on a skit about Christmas. They each held a letter that all together spelled Christmas. They each read off something about Christmas. It was very cute. Their was also a history of Christmas and all the different things associated with Christmas. Josh and I were in a short play called Evensong. It was my first time having a speaking role so I was quite nervous. It was about two individuals who fall in love after a tough life (a lost wife and a single divorced mom). Then my favorite of all was the monologue done by Vernine. She was Mary and said a pray to her baby, Jesus while she rocked him in her arms. I had tears in my eyes, it was awesome!
Afterwards there was a dessert buffet. YUMMY!!! I had a little tummy ache afterwards. I think not eating dinner and loading up on dessert was not the best idea. After the Gala Josh, Brian, Chris, and I went out to Moe's for some real food.
Christmas Party #1 Harvest Ladies
The Womens Group at Harvest put on a Christmas party for all the ladies of Harvest to come to and get dressed up. The party was at Kelly's house. It looked SO beautiful!! We had lots of yummy food, some thanks for my wonderful hubby, Josh. We had a gift swap where Linda read a story and every time she said right or left we had to pass it that direction. It was a neat twist to the Christmas swap. To wrap up everything I started the Secret Sisters. Each lady at Harvest who would like to particiate gets a sister who she will send small gifts or notes to every month. Josh is in charge of keeping all the ladies names together. I am hoping it will go well.
Thanks to John and Natalie for the great jazzy Christmas music!

All the beautiful ladies


The silly one

The revolving Christmas tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment