As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Road trip

Landon, Arabella and I had our first road trip together. We went to visit the grandparents and friends in the panhandle. The kids and I headed out after attending the Newberry high school graduation. I think we hit the road right around 9 pm. Arabella slept pretty much the whole time. Landon stayed up and we talked for the first 45 mins or so. I love that we can have conversations now. We drove to Tallahassee where my brother lives. We stayed the night there. My brother and I stayed up until about 2:15 am talking. In the morning Adam went to McDonald's and got us all breakfast. Josh was working in Tallahassee for the weekend. We stopped by to see him before heading out.
I was counting on Arabella sleeping all or most of the time since in the mornings she typically takes two 45 min naps. I also thought Landon has been doing so well in the car entertaining himself with coloring and looking at books and I brought the iTouch as a back up he would do fine. Boy was I wrong. Landon got bored of the books and colors quickly. I gave him the iTouch only to realize 10 mons later I forget to charge it at my brother house. Landon was a little cranky. Arabella decided not to sleep more than 20 mins and pretty much cried the rest of the way. Did I also mention my AC was on the fritz!? 
We arrived at my parents' house at lunch. We enjoyed a relaxing day with them.

Saturday we met up with Sabrina, one of my closest friends from high school. We spent the late morning and afternoon at the beach. Jamiie and Jeremiah met us there with lunch. Landon and Arabella had a blast! We took them both out in the waves. Arabella was such a trooper. I was so proud of my cute beach baby! Water, sand and friends meant Landon was in heaven. We spent the rest of the day at the Williams. Some how Landon never took a nap even though he laid down in a semi dark room for an hour! We had dinner and then after watch a movie put the kids to bed. Josh's dad and Jamiie babysat my sleeping angels so I could go out. I picked up Mark, friend and old roommate, and met Sabrina and her friends. Dan, another high school friend met us there too. It was really nice! My only regret was Josh wasn't there. :(.

Beach Day Fun (double click all picture to enlarge)





Sunday we visited everyone at Niceville Christian church for Sunday services. It was great to see our friends who I hadn't seen in a while. Lunch was at our favorite Chinese, New Hong Kong. Sunday afternoon was filled with naps and Jamiie, Arabella and I running a couple of errands.  Sunday evening with had dinner and Bible study at the Williams.  It was nice to see some friends I hadn't seen in a little while and everyone was excited to meet Arabella.


 Monday morning I headed back to my parents house.  We hung out around the house.  That evening was the Billy Bowleg's parade.  I went several times as a child.  It was fun taking Landon.  Arabella was a trooper and hung out with Mommy and then Grandpa where she fell asleep.  Landon got a couple pieces of candy and a lot of necklace.  He also got a glow in the dark tomahawk.  He was happy with is loot. ;)



 The rest of the week we swam, went our to eat, played and relaxed with Grandpa and Grandma Gorman.




Friday I went back over to the Williams.  Jamiie took us out to visit her horse.  It was SO hot but I loved it.  I haven't ridden a horse in a long time.  I use to ride every week.  I wasn't sure if I would remember how but it was like riding a bike- it all came back as soon as I got on.  I was a little different than what I was use to.  Although I know how to ride English I typically rode Western and Australian.  Well I don't know how I looked riding but I felt like I was doing everything right and I didn't fall off!



 Saturday I hung out with my parents, packed up, and went out to lunch.  I left at nap time and prayed that both kids would sleep most of the way and be happy if they woke up.  My prayers were answered.  Arabella and Landon slept the whole 2 hour drive to Adam in Tallahassee!  They only woke up because I stopped the car in his drive way.  We went out to dinner at a yummy Asian place that has authentic food from all of the different Asian countries.   We played outside for a little bit in a nice grasses area near the restaurant and then Adam treated us for ice cream.   We left for Gainesville after dropping Adam off.  The kids slept the whole way and I got in around 12:45am..We had a terrific trip!







No comments: