We received several calls today letting us know Josh's grandmother only has a short time to live. I love his grandparents and although it feels like such a short time knowing them I am so sad to think that she will be gone soon. Both of them are amazing Christians and love their families so much. Grandma Monks has made me feel like a part of the family since I met her and although she is a tough little lady she has such a big heart. Josh told me today I remind him of her and I take that as a huge compliment.
While talking about what to do, go and say goodbye or stay, Josh and I started talking about his Grandfather. He is a very old fashion strong and rough southern man but if you talk to him for just a little bit you will see he has a huge heart and love his family, especially his wife. In our culture today so many get married and divorced or never marry and just co-habitat, or just are unhappy with their significant other. I know they have had their disagreements and I am sure they have gone through some tough times in their marriage but it is so refreshing seeing how much his grandparents love each other. I hope that we Josh and I are that old, and I pray that we get to spend that much time with each other on Earth, that someone looks at as as I do them. Love is the greatest thing God gave us on Earth. His love for us and our ability to love each other. I hope that more matter what difficults you go through with you husband or wife that you remember that in the end those things aren't really imporant and just remember how much you loved each other when you said "I do." So maybe when you get to be in the situation that Josh's grandparents are in, though you may not want to say good bye to your love but you can look back and think I showed him or her that I loved them and I know they will never doubt that. I am sure that Grandpa Monks kows without a doubt how much his wife loves him and I can't imagine that she doesn't know how much he loves his "Baby Girl."
I just wanted to share their love, because I feel like everyone should be able to be loved and love like them!
No comments:
Post a Comment