Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Food and family and a time to remind you to be thankful for what you have.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Harvest with our Harvest family to start out Thanksgiving. Oh the food was so good!! They had 3 smoked turkeys, which may have been the best turkey I have ever had! Everyone who cooked did a SUPER job, thanks!
We also started celebrating early by working on a 10 devotion book our preacher, youth minister and secretary put together. Thanks for the great work, Charlie, Brian and Julie! It was a great idea and helped us focus a little deeper on thinking about what we our thankful for. I think we will keep the booklet and use it again next year. We also used the book on Thanksgiving and did two of the devotions after dinner with everyone.
Thanksgiving day and weekend was spent with the Williams and Gormans. One thing Josh, Landon and I are very thankful for is not having to pick which family to visit on the holidays, since both our families live about 15-20 min from each other we can see both. We typically have a big Gorman/Williams dinner at the Williams house, which we did again this year. It was a important holiday for us because it might be the last one, hopefully not, that everyone is in attendance. Jon and Jessica drove down together from up north, and my brother Adam came up from Tallahassee. It was really great hanging out with our family and enjoying them. I am so thankful for so many things that God has blessed me with but on the top of my list is my wonderful family. I know not everyone gets to have both sides of their family together and I love it!
Jessica had a great idea a month or two before Christmas... She thought we should all take some family photos since it may be the last Christmas where all the Williams are together. I ran with the idea invited my family along too and thought it would be nice to take the pictures on the beach since both families have live there the longest. I thought white tops and blue jeans would be easy and look good on everyone. I think the pictures turned out great!
Love'n on Grandpa
Grandpa and Grandma Gorman know the best toys, a cardboard castle!
Dad use to make these for me and my brother, Adam, all the time while we were growing up, how I loved them. The best one filled our whole two car garage!


Even Grandma got inside the castle!
Landon had a blast in Grandpa and Grandma's new shower
First Carousel ride- Grandma took him and he had the biggest smile!
At the Williams
playing games
Mommy and Landon
The couch pile
My lovely parents
The Girls
The Boys
The Gormans and Williams
The Grandparents and the first grand child
No comments:
Post a Comment