As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lots of catching up- Tri-State Camp

So much to blog about!! I am going to try to get everything up but I might cut it short. We have been very busy this last month and a half! WE went to Tri-State Christian Camp, CIY Move conference with our youth group, had our 5 year anniversary, Landon is 10 months old (and quickly approaching 11!)and went to Thailand for 2 weeks on a mission trip. First things first, Tri-State Christian Camp.

Josh and I were asked to be the sponsored missionaries for the whole summer of camp. The second week in June we went to the 2nd-3rd grader camp. We appreciate the support and love from everyone at Tri-State. Josh has spent many summers there as well as his younger siblings. They do a great job with the kids. This was my 2nd time there and Landon's 1st. Landon loved the kids and they certainly loved him back. Camp runs from Sunday to Friday, because of Josh's josh we didn't make it to Defuniak (ask me if you want to know how to pronounce it, it is not has silly sounding as you may think) until Wednesday afternoon. We were happy to see that many of the children we had gotten to know from last year were there and they all remembered us. They we so excited to see the person who was the big belly bump from last year.

Landon and I missed out on a lot of the lessons because they ran right during Landon's nap time. An upside to this was I got a lot of rest and relaxing. It was nice to not feel like I should run around and try to get work done while he is sleeping. I took a few short naps, read a lot, and caught up a little on my journaling for Landon and the journal that Josh and I share with each other (we started it when we were dating for 8 month and write each other notes, it is awesome to look back and read it). Landon and I did get to participate in the singing and some of the games and plays. Landon really loved the signing. He had already started clapping a while ago but he really got the clapping to a beat down at camp. I think all the kids clapping along with him helped reinforce that concept.

Camp seems too short this year since we only made it to half of camp but really are looking forward to next year and hope to see a few more weeks of camp with the different age groups.

Playing with the kids and family



Enjoying the outdoors and meeting new friends


Our family




"quiet" time in our room





Landon was really into the fruit, which is a little unlike him (He is a veggie and meat guy normally)




Listening to Josh (Daddy) speak about the mission and the work done in Thailand




Time to play- with dramas, silly tasks to get your mail and carpet ball






Singing





Landon defeating any who oppose him




Only Uncle Jeremiah was brave enough to attack back


Farewell Dinner- Hawaiian Lula

Dancing with Mom







Dancing with Aunt Jessica


Before we left Granddad Williams came to trade cars with us and Landon had a chance to play with him

1 comment:

T Gorman said...

Love the picture of Landon reading his book! Love you!

Grandpa and Grandma Gorman