As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord.
Joshua
24:15


Follow Our Family by Email

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aunts, Barbershop singing, swimming, and more



Landon has gotten a good dose of his family this month. Jamiie Jo came down for 2 weeks visiting, Jessica had a lot of free time, Landon and I went to Jacksonville for the weekend to see Grandpa sing. Josh and Jessica had to stay home and work during the Jacksonville weekend trip.

We missed them a lot. Landon LOVED listening to the singing. He even tried singing along with them. Landon got lots and lots of love from his family and all the people at the competition. I think he might have been as big of a hit as the singers! Josh and Jessica had to stay home and work. There were some really amazing singers.

During the singing breaks we went out and enjoyed some family time, eating and swimming. This was Landon’s first time swimming, since when I took him to Rum Island it was too cold for him. He was really nervous in the beginning and held on to me really tight but didn’t cry. After about 10 minutes of walking around in the water and watching his aunt and uncle, and Carter have fun in the water he toughened up. At the end I was just holding on to his hands and he was kicking and floating around. He preferred to be belly down but we did do some floating on the back. I think he will be a little “fish” like his Mom and Uncle Adam. I can’t wait to have more pool/swimming time with him this summer!


Playing with Mom in the hotel





Out to eat


Watching Grandpa and the other singers






The overall winners! These guys were probably not much older or younger than me. They have only been singing Barbershop for 5 months!!


Playing with Grandma and Grandpa


Pool time!


The Williams family and Carter


Celebrating with Grandpa after a great job singing (his group came in 5th)



Landon and I made our first long trip by ourselves on the way home. This was the only time he was awake, he slept soundly the rest of the way. Thank you for the prayers of my Mom and young ladies Bible study for an easy ride home!



On Tuesday after the weekend we went to Landon’s playgroup. He loves being around other children. I noticed him pulling him self with his arms. As you might have seen in the video he has started the army crawl. I was so excited. He just needed some good motivation. All the kids in his playgroup are a month or two older so they can move all around. He decided he was going to join them. I guess I have to prepare the house for a crawler now!



No comments: