Landon and I were very busy this past week. We did lots of new things this week. Monday we went to a play date Halloween party. Thanks to the Whitlock's Landon had a costume already. All I had to do was think of something I could dress up without going and buying something. Landon went as a pumpkin and I was a scarecrow. It was so cute seeing all of the little kids dressed up. Landon did really well. I think he enjoyed being around all the kids. He was very interested in watching them. After the Halloween party we came home I changed and we went over to Jen’s house. Then we ran home and I tutored for 2 hours.


Tuesday, Landon and I went to the postpartum lunch North Florida provides for anyone who gave birth there. I have wanted to go but I have either been unable to walk because of the infection I got on my leg, recovering from an allergic reaction, or forgot. (My body has really been going through some weird things since I gave birth. On top of the infection I got on my leg and allergic reaction, this week I got an ear infection. None of these things I have ever had in my life.) I really enjoyed the lunch and the discussion. It is a great sanity keeper for new moms. I haven’t been losing my sanity but it was nice to here other moms going through the same or similar things. I think there are a few mom who would be losing there sanity if it wasn’t for the luncheons. Some of those moms have had to deal with a lot and there babies aren’t even 2 months old. I feel blessed to have such a happy, healthy baby, a wonderful supportive husband and awesome friends. After the lunch was over I went to weigh Landon. There is a place open to moms to weigh their babies. I knew Landon had grown but I didn’t realize how much weight he had gained. He weighted 10 lbs 12 oz. He is growing so fast!! Tuesday evening our good friends the Whitlock were in town for the day. The Searby hosted a dinner for them with some of our friends. Landon is very happy he finally got to meet Isaac, Jimmy, and Katie. It was really great visiting with them. They moved this year to North Carolina and we miss them so much.








Wednesday Landon and I made homemade cupcakes for the Fall Festival at Harvest Church. I have never made homemade cupcakes. My friend Brandi has inspired me to make more bake from scratch. So far I have made banana nut bread, chocolate cookies, and chocolate cupcakes. All of them have turned out yummy, or at lease my tummy thinks so. That evening we got dressed up again in our pumpkin and scarecrow costumes and went to the Festival. We ran the pumpkin dice race. Landon helped Daddy keep the youth group kids under control. There was YUMMY homemade pies made for the pie contest. They also had candied apples! We had a fun sugar filled night.









Thursday, I had my 6 week postpartum check-up. Dr. Marichal said I was back to normal. I really have loved having him as my doctor and having him deliver Landon. I am sad that I will not be visiting him all the time. He is such a great guy and has the funniest sense of humor. I love the fact that he wears bow ties! I hope that when a second Williams is in the making he will be able to be our doctor once again. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who needs an OBGYN doctor. After Josh went to work Landon and I worked on recording a deposit for North Burma Mission and then went to the bank to deposit. After running to the bank we brought Jessica some Halloween cupcakes. Jessica had been playing Zelda on N64 and had gotten suck on a part. I helped her figure out what to do. She invited us to stay for dinner which worked out great because I didn’t have any idea what we would eat that night, and was running late getting home, plus Josh was working on that side of town so it was nice for him to not have to drive 20+ minutes before eating. Jessica and I also made cookies. It was a great night, other than I got a really bad cold that evening. Luckily it was gone late Friday evening.
Friday was fun because I had Landon watch Dad made dinner. Josh made the yummiest soups. When we went home last weekend I had an awesome cream of snow crap soup. Josh wanted to try to make it. He also made a potato soup. They came out GREAT! We had Landon smell the ingredients as Josh used them. Landon was very interested in smelling them. Our close friends Ashlee and Kimberly got Landon a pumpkin outfit, a pumpkin complete with his name on it and some other cute things.




Saturday, the Gators were playing Georgia. We invited Jessica and Andrea for the game and dinner. We had all kinds of yummy food. Even though Florida creamed Georgia it was fun watching with everyone. I enjoyed the game because I got a really nice break from caring for Landon. I try to read Landon his Bible everyday. I was reading the story of Jacob of when his brothers sell him as a slave. I asked him if he wanted to read the next story and he smiled really big, I took that as a yes. Before bed I read Landon the book, “Goodnight Gorilla.” There are not that many words but a lot of colors. This is the first time I have read to Landon and he looked at the book the whole time.
Sunday was a tough day Landon had painful gas all day. He has had gas before but not this bad and all day. He cry a lot of the day. I felt so bad for my little guy. Lucky, we got through the day and Josh was there to help.
My cute boy




1 comment:
What a cutie! So glad we got to meet him. You are really doing a lot with him which is great. Miss you guys.
-Katie
Post a Comment