I had a wonderful birthday this year. Friday, the actual day of my birthday, I went to work where all my fellow ESE teachers had a huge surprise birthday breakfast ready for me. Jesse and a few others sang "Happy Birthday." My kids in homeroom sung to me as well. Many of the students I teach this year and some from last year stopped when they saw me to wish me a happy birthday. My 6th period class sang to me as well.


When I came home Josh had gotten off work early and made me my favorite, homemade spaghetti with sauce! After a yummy dinner we went to the new Friday night church service. It was very good. I learn a lot about the people who came and enjoyed the lesson on Ahab, Jezebel, and Elijah. Great job Joel! After the service, Josh and I went out with Joel, Jen, their little one Evan and a long time friend of Jen's, Amanda. We went to
Los Margaritas. We had fun. I had to wear this huge sombrero. They also brought me a Mexican birthday dessert, which I have now forgotten what it is called.

(sorry the pictures are so dark, and the last one is sideways)
Saturday, Josh and I went canoing. Our wonderful Minister and his wife let us borrow them for the week. (We are hoping to go again really soon.) Josh and I had a blast! We saw lots of birds and several species. We saw and heard a bunch of river otters. We also saw tons of fish, including several alligator gar and we saw lot and lots of turtles (2-3 species). After canoing we went out

to eat with our friends, Jimmy and Katie. I didn't know they were coming, so it was a really great surprise. Plus they bought me a book I have be really wanting to read,
Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible and What He Wants to Do with You. After a wonderful dinner, we went to their house to watch the Gator game they had recorded and play a game of Blurt (which is now one of Josh and my favorite games).

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes and great birthday presents!
Some pictures from canoing







2 comments:
I believe that the dessert you have in the picture is Flan. I am soooo sad we weren't there to celebrate with you. Can't wait for New Years Eve!!!! See you then!
Yes...you ate flan. Oh, and I think Amanda and I ate half of it for you :)
Post a Comment